Essay Question: What is the critical leadership problem facing the 4th Armored Brigade Combat Team (ABCT) and how will you use the concepts, processes, models, and theories from the attached nine presentations (sources) to improve the ABCT and achieve your vision? Clearly and comprehensively explain, defend, and justify your answers.
Instructions: Write an essay in the first person (from the perspective as the new incoming brigade commander, LTC (P) Christopher Sanborn). Use the 4th ABCT case study (attached) and apply the concepts, processes, models, and theories outlined in the attached nine presentations (only sources to be used) to answer the essay question. Essay will be no less than four pages and no more than five pages in length (double-spaced, using 12-point Arial font, and one-inch margins). DO NOT regurgitate the concepts, processes, models or theories from the attached presentations; instead, explain how you will use them to address the problems in the attached case study to improve the ABCT and achieve your vision as the new incoming brigade commander. Use below criteria when writing essay to make sure all major points are covered.
(1) Apply critical-thinking skills to identify, explain, and defend the selection of the critical leadership problem. Use relevant facts and assumptions from the 4th ABCT case study to support your argument.
(2) Describe your vision for the brigade.
(3) Applying concepts, processes, models, and theories outlined in the attached nine presentations, describe how you will solve the problem, implement your vision, and measure effectiveness in achieving your vision.
(4) The introduction clearly states the thesis and introduces major points.
(5) Major points are fully developed using clear reasoning.
(6) The conclusion reinforces the thesis and major points.
(7) Style is concise, primarily in ACTIVE VOICE, and generally free of errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
(8) Proper use of citations using Kate L. Turabian’s A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations [eighth edition]. Every direct quotation requires a footnote in order to properly identify and credit the source. Essay must contain proper footnotes in the traditional academic manner. The abbreviated style of putting the source and page number within parentheses in the text is unacceptable. As a reminder, every direct quotation requires a footnote in order to properly identify and credit the source. Use direct quotations sparingly, only to support the central thesis. The only acceptable form of footnotes are the examples in Turabian and Prentice-Hall. Make sure footnotes include the slide number (bottom right corner of presentation) of where the information came from that is being cited (e.g., Developing Organizations and Leaders, slide 21-01-01).
Required Attached Sources:
The 4th Armored Brigade Combat Team Case Study
Developing Organizations and Leaders Presentation
Ethical Dimensions of Organizational Leadership Presentation
Organizational Power and Influence Presentation
Organizational Culture and Climate Presentation
Leading Organizations in Change Presentation
Developing Learning Organizations Presentation
Organizational Teams Built on Trust Presentation
Organizational Stress and Resilience Presentation
Developiiqung Ethically Aligned Organizations Presentation