1. Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
• Recognize, understand and discuss the role and impact of key business and management functional areas,
strategy and organizational structures and how they integrate together to achieve key organizational goals.
2. Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
• Work with others, develop your personal and professional skills and demonstrate your ability of selfmanagement and learning and be able to use these skills for analyzing particular environments, and /or unique
situations in which businesses are active.
Assessment 2 is a written individual report of 2000 words (+/- 10%) based on a managerial problem which
requires application to suggest practical solutions.
Your report should be in a ‘critical writing’ style and be based on the Case Study provided with examples from
other organisations added as relevant
Your report should focus particularly around dealing with staff issues and next step strategies as the organization
grows or changes. There will be an opportunity for formative feedback following group presentations of
research or case study analysis. Suggest good practical solutions in your recommendations section, supported by
In order to pass Assessment 2 you will need to:
• Produce a report making use of academic theory to support conclusions and evidence based recommendations
• Demonstrate reasonable knowledge of management functions, roles and functions of managers
• Demonstrate understanding of different organizational structures, strategy and other management issues like
CSR and business ethics.
• Use Harvard referencing both within the text and reference list
• Communicate effectively in an appropriate report format
(title page, introduction, description of issues, knowledge of academic theory, application of theory to issues,
theory used to support conclusions, recommendations, reference list and appendices as appropriate)