Please make the business plan for a food or clothing product.
The Vice President of Marketing at MSH Brands (or at your employer or future employer company) was
impressed with your marketing plan submitted in Assessment 1. They have now asked you to develop a brand
presentation based on this work.
You are a Brand Manager at MSH Brands (or at your employer or future employer company). You are being
asked to develop a brand presentation for a new pet food product (or new product or line extension at your
employer or future employer.)
You are to develop a brand presentation including the following elements based on your research, building on
your work submitted in Assessment 1. Develop a PowerPoint presentation of 8 12 slides that synthesize the
work, using the speaker’s notes sections of each slide to expand your talking points. Be sure your presentation
What is the brand name for the product? What role does the new product play in the brand portfolio?
• Who is the target market?
• What will be the new product’s objectives (create greater customer loyalty, increase trials, expand usage among
current users, support trade relations)?
• What will be the new product position? How will it complement the objectives?
• What will be the new product competitive pricing strategy? How will it complement the objectives?
• How will this be reflected in the packaging? How will it complement the objectives?
• How will this be reflected in the promotion? How will it complement the objectives?
• How will this be reflected in the placement? How will it complement the objectives?
• 8 slides (in addition to the title and references slides).
• Include additional details on each slide in the speaker’s notes section.
• Additional requirements:
• Title slide.
• References slide.
• APA-formatted references from at least five sources.
• Be sure you consider the audience.
• Competency 1: Apply marketing theories and models to develop marketing strategies.
• Articulate the context of the business (product name, role in brand, target segment).
• Competency 2: Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategies and methods.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategies (product objectives and positioning).
• Competency 3: Use data to support evidence-based marketing decisions.
• Evaluate the marketing mix (pricing, packaging, promotion, and placement) for a product.
• Competency 5: Communicate marketing needs, opportunities, and strategies with multiple stakeholders.
• Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a
• Executive Office of the President, Office of Management and Budget. (2017). North American industry
classification system [PDF]. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/2017NAICS/2017_NAICS_
• United States Department of Labor. (n.d.). Standard industrial classification (SIC) system search. Retrieved
• Beesley, C. (2016, September 9). Free sources of market data and how to use that data for business planning
[Blog post]. Retrieved from
• Griffin, D. (n.d.). The effect of business location to the business’ success. Retrieved from
• Mandelbaum, R. (2016, July 20). A business owner’s guide to finding the best location for your store.
Retrieved from http://time.com/money/4392124/how-to-locate-your-store/
• Spaeder, K. E. (n.d.). How to find the best location. Retrieved from https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/73784