You are required to answer the following question. The word limit is 1000 words excluding references. Your answer should be supported by appropriate examples and references.
1. Critically discuss the lead user approach in view of its usefulness and challenges in helping firms develop new products/services. Use appropriate real examples from case studies or journal articles, to support your discussion.
Things the assessors are looking for
1) If you have a clear understanding of the theory
2) Do you know the current debate of the theory
3) What this theory can explain and applied to and what limitations it has?
4) Your analytical and critical skills
5) If your arguments are backed by strong evidence
6) The logic and consistency of your arguments
(Notes from lecture)
• Short intro, focus in the main paragraph
• Include a definition
• compare between opinions
• read and come up with opinion and support it with evidence
• if there is inconsistency or a problem state how the inconsistency or the problem can be solved.
• Conclusion of your analysis
• Don’t use personal language ( I , we, ect.)
• graph and pictures can be used, the words in graph and pictures will not be counted
• the words in tables will be counted
• Harvard referencing style.
Please include at least 4 more articles/ journals with these two articles (The total number of references 6 or more) the more the better ( thank you!)
Oliveira, P. and von Hippel, E., 2011. Users as service innovators: The case of banking services. Research policy, 40(6), pp.806-818.
Von Hippel, E., 1986. Lead users: a source of novel product concepts. Management science, 32(7), pp.791-805.