1. Choose an industry that interests you. Social media.
2. Identify and describe the main ethical issues facing the industry you have chosen. Some possible issues are
mentioned in the guidance for the essay.
3. Detail the relevant laws, regulations and codes that are in place that are intended to influence business conduct
in the industry. Include national and (if any) international codes.
4. Write a case study of one business within the industry you have chosen.
In the case study:
4a. include a description of the company’s stated values and its ethical commitments (for example, its corporate
social responsibility policy); and
4b. describe any ethical controversies that the business has faced and how these were resolved (the case(s) might
5. Are there reasons to think that existing laws, regulations or codes should be
made tougher in this industry? In your opinion, should new regulations be introduced? Argue your case.
6. When addressing point 5 how helpful are the ethical theories we have considered on the module?
7. Provide an overall conclusion.