• Read the brief and think about what the assignment is asking.
• Make sure you understand the assessment criteria and nature of the evidence that must be produced.
• The submission is in the form of PowerPoint presentation slides and speaker notes should be submitted as one copy
• You are required to make effective use of PowerPoint headings, bullet points and subsections as appropriate.
• Ensure you thoroughly cover and achieve on all the requirements of the descriptors in your work.
• Your research should be referenced using the Harvard retrenching system.
• Please also provide a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system.
• The recommended word limit is 2000- 2500 words, including speaker notes, although you will not be penalised for exceeding the total word limit
Unit Learning Outcomes (state fully):
LO1 Explain the role of marketing and how it interrelates with other functional units of an organisation.
Overall assignment scenario ( link to the learning outcomes)
You have been appointed as the new Marketing Manager for an organisation of your choice within the supermarket industry. The selection of the supermarkets would be based on the six largest organisations based on market share – Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrison’s, Co-op and Aldi.
And as part of your role, you are required to discuss the concept of marketing as well as its role within the organisation. Further to this you will have to explore how the marketing interrelates with other functions within the business.
Assignment Brief and Guidance: (link the requirement of the tasks to the learning outcomes and assessment criteria)
You have been asked by the senior management team of your chosen organisation to discuss the concept of marketing as well as its role within the organisation. Further to this you will have to explain how marketing interrelates with other functions within the business.
This will be a 10-minute individual PowerPoint presentation and 5 minutes allocated for questions.
Your presentation should cover the following:
- Introduction to the concept of marketing, including current and future trends.
- An overview of the different marketing processes.
- Explanation of the role and responsibilities of a marketing manager in the context of the organisation.
- An explanation of how marketing influences and interrelates with other functional departments of the organisation.
- The value and importance of the marketing role in the context of the organisation.
- Conclusions that emphasise the significance of having effective interrelationships between different functional departments.
Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria
Pass Merit Distinction
LO1Explain the role of marketing and how it interrelates with other functional units of an organisation.
P1.Explain the role of marketing and how it interrelates with other functional units of an organisation
P2 Explain how roles and responsibilities of marketing relate to the wider organisational context.. M1 Analyse the roles and responsibilities of marketing in the context of marketing environment.
M2: Analyse the significance of interrelationships between Marketing and the other functional units of an organisation. D1Critical analyse and evaluate the key elements of the marketing function and how they interrelate with other functional units of an organisation.
Summary of the key terms used to define the requirements of the grading descriptors for this assignment.
Explain To give an account of the purposes or reasons
Demonstrate Show knowledge and understanding
Analyse Present the outcome of methodical and detailed examination either:
● Breaking down a theme, topic or situation in order to interpret and study the interrelationships between the parts and/or
● Of information or data to interpret and study key trends and interrelationships.
Analysis can be through activity, practice, written or verbal presentation
Critically analyse Separate information into components and identify characteristics with depth to the justification