Assessment 3 involves the development of a research proposal for a project and should be practitioner focused and is worth 60% of your final mark.
The purpose of this task is for you to:
1.Demonstrate that you understand the key concepts involved in developing and a research proposal
The unit learning outcome(s) assessed is/are:
LO1, Analyse and critique contemporary perspectives and theories related to educational research;
LO2, Explicate the essential elements and processes involved in undertaking quality educational research;
LO3, Elucidate an understanding of the need for the ethical conduct of research, and an awareness of the processes for applying for ethics approval when undertaking educational research;
LO4, Critically reflect on and evaluate different approaches to research
LO5, Investigate and design a research project; and
LO6, Defend and present a research proposal.
In this Assessment Task you are required to produce a research proposal which should contain the following:
• A title and introduction (overview and background or context for the study;
• A referenced rationale for the study, in which appropriate literature is used to build the case for the research. The rationale will culminate in the research aims and research problem/question(s).
• An explanation for choice of paradigm; methodology and research methods adopted, including reference to appropriate literature related to research methodology;
• An explanation of the research design that will be adopted to answer/explore the research inquiry/questions;
• A detailed discussion of data collection procedures (including details about the participant groups and selection if relevant);
• An indication of how considerations such as reliability, validity or trustworthiness will be addressed;
• A detailed discussion of data analysis and reporting;
• A discussion of ethical issues that may be relevant and how they will be managed;
• A critically reflective statement;
• A reference list containing minimum eight academic up-to-date peer reviewed references
To complete the Assessment Task you are required to
- Construct an appropriate title and write an abstract
- Write an introduction, overview and background or context for the study.
- Write a well referenced literature review for the study
- Write a clear research question
- Write a clear rationale for the choice of paradigm; methodology and research methods adopted
- Write a detailed and referenced explanation of data collection procedures (including participant selection if relevant).
- A detailed and referenced explanation of data analysis and reporting
- Write a discussion of ethical issues and potential risks that may be relevant
- Write a clear statement about you becoming a reflective practitioner or practitioner researcher in developing this proposal.
- Use a consistent academic writing style
- Use academic peer reviewed journals and
- Submit your research proposal as a Word or PDF document in the allocated dropbox on VU Collaborate
- Use the following file naming conventions for yoru submission: Student ID, Family name, first name, research proposal
- Introduction Appropriate title and introduction which provides an overview of the proposed study
- Overview of literature related to the topic and rationale for study
- Explanation of the methodology A well referenced rationale for the choice of paradigm and research approach
- A detailed explanation of the proposed data collection procedures and analysis including reliability, validity or trustworthiness
- A discussion of ethical issues and potential risks that may be relevant and how they will be managed
- A critically reflective statement
- Mechanics of language and academic style