a. Reviews must be typed, double spaced, and 1000 words minimum in length (not including the cover page), with 1” margins.
i. Cover Page- Will include your name, and the date you are turning in the paper. Also, include the name of the performance and the date of the performance you attended.
ii. Introductory Paragraph- Select three of the dances to review. In the introduction include the name of the dances you are discussing and a general description of your experience in the theater etc.
iii. Descriptive Section- Write 3-4 paragraphs for each dance.
- Give a general description of the dance- style (ballet, modern, jazz, tap, ethnic, social, spiritual etc), number of dancers, mood.
- Discuss the technical elements of the movement if you recognized any, you can include dance terminology if you know any from class and experience.
- Do you think there was a specific message of the dance, if so, what? Or was the dance abstract, and how?
- Were you inspired, excited, awed, bored, confused, intrigued, etc and explain why?
- Repeat steps 1-6 for the next two dances you are writing about.
iv. Closing paragraph- Discuss your impressions of the concert as a whole and what sections you liked or didn’t like and why. Finally, what was the most important insight about dance gained by you as an audieniquce member, viewing the concert?