The above should be written in a report containing the following sections; Abstract, Introduction, Method,
Results and Discussion (AIMRD). The abstract should indicate what the research is about, the methods used and
summarise the findings .The introduction (for this assignment) should be a brief outline of the study, including a
brief literature review and end with a statement of the problem. The method should give enough information for
a person to replicate your study. Attempt to strike a balance of detail. Presume the reader is naive but intelligent.
Look in journals for the style in which a method is written. The results section is where the outcomes of your
study are displayed usually using a combination of words, tables and graphs. In this section you do not explain
why your results are so, but what your results are. Graphs and tables should be accompanied by some
explanatory text. The discussion is where you demonstrate your understanding of the subject. Expand on your
results, compare them with findings in the literature and draw your conclusions. You will need to appraise the
method of data collection used.
earning outcomes assessed:
- Explain how force is generated, analysing the effects of force application to sporting activities
- Critically analyse core biomechanical principles identifying how they apply to a range of sporting movements.
- Appraise methods for analysing movement and biomechanical data.
- Conduct appropriate biomechanical analysis
- Analyse sporting actions and suggest changes to technique that alter performance