Topic: Cyber Security in Relation to the Aviation Industry
Follow these requirements when selecting a research paper topic and when developing your research paper problem/purpose statement.
- Topics must be course relevant.
- Current issues (topics on security after 9/11 or deregulation are not considered current). Topics must revolve around issues within the past 5 years.
- Topics must have current scholarly references and data that is publicly accessible to the student within the time frame of this course.
- Topics must state a current aviation industry PROBLEM (remember this is a research paper, not a descriptive or informative paper).
- Topics must be narrow enough to provide useful recommendations and/or solutions that airport administrators may find useful.
- Topics must be original and/or unique to this course – duplication of previously submitted or researched topics will not be considered.
- Topic statements must be written within 2 – 3 sentences, as described by the research tips provided.
Review the following requirements for your research paper:
- Follow current APA guidelines.
- Consist of 12 – 15 pages in length (excluding title and reference pages).
- Include: Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion (IMRD) sections, and conclusion.
- Contain a minimum of five (5) peer reviewed, scholarly references, cited properly throughout the paper.
(IMRD) Introduction, Methods, Results, and Discussion
- Introduction section (summarize what the paper will cover and describe the topic);
- Methods section (present the research conducted and compare and interpret the topic)
- Results section (explain the results of the research, and provide solutions, examples and relevance of the topic to real-world examples)
- Discussion section (demonstrate relationships, causes and effects between elements of the topic)
- Conclusion section (summarize and combine elements of the topic, and present and defeiqund original judgements or ideas)