Assessment task details and instructions
A description of the task: To critically discuss the impact of COVID-19 on financial
markets. You need to describe how COVID-19 impacted on company’s ability to earn,
investment, employment, profit, sales, business expenses, and import & export. You can
highlight how the company can mitigate COVID-19 risks. You should consult reliable and
high-quality academic sources.
The requirements/expectations of the task: You are expected to draw on theoretical as
well as empirical evidence and relevant case studies.
Presentation format/style: 12 font, double line spacing, the text should be ‘justified’.
Referencing style/requirements: Harvard style
Assessed intended learning outcomes (from Module):
On successful completion of this assessment, you will be able to:
Knowledge and Understanding (maximum of 5)i
On successful completion the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the importance of different financial institutions and markets
- Measure the effect of economic, financial and regulatory variables on markets
- Evaluate the consequences of operational and financial decision on financial institutions
- Assess the structure and function of money, capital, currency and dividend markets
- Critically evaluate the function of financial markets and institutions in the context of corporate decision
Key Subject Specific Skills (maximum of 5)
On completion the student will be able to:
- Apply information technology in trading different financial instruments.
- Devise and execute complex trading strategies under a range of different circumstances.
- Evaluate and judge the impact of financial markets under different scenarios.
- Locate, summarise and synthesise a range of information from electronic data sources relevant to firm
Aims of Module
- an understanding of the financial institutions, services and products that they offer
- an understanding of the role and importance of financial markets like debt, equity and derivative markets.
- an awareness of the recent and ongoing changes within the financial markets and institutions
- an appreciation of the regulatory framework for financial markets and institutions.
- an ability to identify the forces of change facing financial institutions and to appraise the alternative
development strategies which may be pursued.