- You are expected to use on-line and off-line facilities to obtain :
• Academic literature to provide research evidence to support your answers.
• Examples from web sites which support your answers.
- Your assignment should include at least six relevant references to academic literature (in addition to any references made to commercial websites). Any references cited must be referenced appropriately, using the Harvard Referencing style. The quality of your references and bibliography will be considered in the assessment process.
- All published information with regards to organisations which you have used in the preparation of your assignment, should be included in your appendices.
This assignment is worth 100% of the overall marks available for this module.
If you have any queries, please contact:
Results and feedback will normally be available within 3 weeks of submission (excluding university holidays), on an individual basis.
Students found plagiarising or engaging in any other forms of cheating, can expect to be penalised and subjected to university regulations on such matters. Plagiarism detection software will be utilised for all assignments.
Structured guidance in addressing this assignment question :
Within your analysis, you must provide relevant organisation-based examples to support any theoretical arguments. The assignment must have a wide and visible application to industry, through the application of appropriate and numerous organisational examples.
You may wish to consider some of the following IHRM topics – managing international operations; training and development of staff; managing international assignees; managing virtual teams; health and safety considerations; restart and realigning busines operations. This is not an exhaustive list of suggestions.
Students should be aware that this assignment requires the integration of the major themes of the module. Student skills such as researching materials, analysing, synthesising and critically evaluating the application of theory in practice will be assessed. A superior assignment will demonstrate relevant research skills, analysis and critical evaluation rather than just description.
The word count for this assignment is 3000 words with a +10% margin.
Word Count Penalties
The following penalties will be applied, if submissions go beyond 3300 words :
+10% – no penalty
10% – 20% : 5% penalty
20% – 30% : 10% penalty
30% – 40% : 15% penalty
40% – 50% : 20% penalty
50% – maximum mark of 50%
Determining the word count
The permissible word count will primarily originate from content pages (i.e. the main body of the assignment and EXCLUDE title pages/cover sheet, appendices, bibliographies, reference lists, diagrams/graphs/images