CW1 Assessment is an individual report and blog
• The blog is your research journey, everything you are working on
• Think about mission (what the earth needs) and passion (what you love), find sector your going to do your report on
• You can talk about the 5 key steps on the sector industry you have chosen : Milestones, contributors, messaging, call to action, distribution
• Have to deliver a report on preferred sector in industry, what it looked like previously, what it looks like currently, how u would use media through practical exercise..
• What they do
• How can it be better
• Report: u being a expert on the sector, the passion and the mission
• Analysing part pf the industry u interested in and mission
• How your going to enter that sector
Its not a campaign we have to do, DON’T have to create an event or brand or sector, it already exists
• Take things that are existing and put them together with your own individual passion and mission.
• You are promoting
LOOK AT YOUR PASSION AND MISSION FIND SECTOR INTERESTED IN AND BECOME AN EXPERT IN THAT SECTOR AND DO A REPORT ON IT .
CW1: E-submission Turnitin via Moodle – INDIVIDUAL REPORT (2000 words)
- BLOG – (40%)
INDIVIDUAL REPORT CONSISTS OF DECODING THE MODULE AIMS AND OUTCOMES,
COLLABORATION, INTERDISCIPLINARY PRACTICE AND INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT (2000
WORDS) WITH IMAGES, VIDEO AND OTHER MATERIAL DESCRIBING YOUR PREFERRED
SECTOR IN INDUSTRY AND SUBSEQUENT PERSONAL RESEARCH (ALL WORK SHOULD BE
UPLOADED) + HYPERLINK TO RESEARCH BLOG WITH YOUR RESEARCH ACTIVITY TO
- For the report, you must include a minimum of 3 demonstrably cited academic references (i.e. books/book
chapters, academic journal articles to pass. In addition to the 3 academic sources you may use other
relevant cultural sources such as the trade press and industry journals, commercials and films. These
should be supplementary to your core 3 references.
- Double space your work, use font size 10-12, use appropriate referencing system (Harvard system) and
MODULE AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
- A1: To integrate Level 4 and 5 media communication module strands and examine at
an advanced level the contemporary media industries, digital communication,
creative culture, production techniques and project management.
- A2: To further specialise and examine in-depth particular aspects of cross platform
media and communication practices, social impact cultures and work within an
international, digital, entertainment and creative context.
- A3: To theoretically understand at an advanced level media and communication in
terms of political, economic, technological, regulatory, cultural and aesthetic
- A4: To investigate alternative, emergent, experimental, feminist, anti-racist, anticapitalist
and politically radical forms of contemporary creative communication in
local, urban, national and global contexts.
Need to choose a preferred sector in the industry
Eg) fashion, social media, technology, food
An analysis of the sector you are interested in (*fashion and social media most interested in)
Represent a report
WHATEVER we do in CW1 will be our pitch for CW2 (will pitch what we did in CW1 to group members in CW2 and they choose the best campaign.