In general, your coursework will be marked according to:
- Content – Relevance of the materials used; breadth of reading; evidence of a understanding of key issues and
debates relevant to the module; relating theory/concepts to evidence/issues; analysis of theories and issues.
- Structure – Clarity of structure; logic of structure and arguments; clear introduction and conclusion.
- Presentation – Clarity of expression; sentence construction and grammar; appropriate citation of references and
General Advice on Writing:
• Aim to read extensively. For the Research Essay you should be consulting a between 8 and 10 books and/or
• Students will lose marks for excessive referencing from a limited number of sources.
• Do not rely on basic introductory textbooks.