Students should review what positive economic statements and normative statements
- Describe in general the issue that is being debated:
- Read two or more perspectives on this argument from both sides (support minimum wage increase, oppose
minimum wage increase) and describe the authors perspectives on raising the minimum wage to reduce poverty
- Analyze the evidence that each author uses to support his/her thesis: What types of evidence are used? Does
the evidence support his or her thesis?
- Evaluate the qualification of the authors: What bias might the authors have?
- Discuss your opinion on this topic: Do you agree or disagree with the authors?