Assessment 3: PICO (T)
Create a 3-5-page submission in which you develop a PICO(T) question for a specific care issue and evaluate the evidence you locate, which could help to answer the question.
- Length of submission: Create a 3–5-page submission focused on defining a research question and interpreting evidence relevant to answering it.
- Number of references: Cite a minimum of four sources of scholarly or professional evidence that support your findings and considerations. Resources should be no more than 5 years old.
- APA formatting: Format references and citations according to the current APA style.
****USE THE OTHER ATTACHED DOCUMENT ‘PICOT EXAMPLE PAPER’, TO UNDERSTAND THE STYLE OF HOW THE PAPER SHOULD BE SET UP AND BE WRITTEN.
PICO(T) is an acronym that helps researchers and practitioners define aspects of a potential study or investigation.
It stands for:
- P – Patient/population/problem.
- I – Intervention.
- C – Comparison (of potential interventions, typically).
- O – Outcome(s).
- T – Time frame (if time frame is relevant).
The end goal of applying PICO(T) is to develop a question that can help guide the search for evidence. From this perspective, a PICO(T) question can be a valuable starting point for nurses who are starting to apply an evidence-based model or EBPs.
For this assessment, select an issue of interest and apply the PICO(T) process to define the question and research it.
Your initial goal is to define the population, intervention, comparison, and outcome. In some cases, a time frame is relevant and you should include that as well, when writing a question you can research related to your issue of interest. After you define your question, research it, and organize your initial findings, select the two sources of evidence that seem the most relevant to your question and analyze them in more depth. Specifically, interpret each source’s specific findings and best practices related to your issues, as well explain how the evidence would help you plan and make decisions related to your question.