Knowledge Management (MGT-403)
First Semester (2020-2021)
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
|4||Implement knowledge management cycle processes in organization (Lo 2.2 & 2.5).|
|5||Apply elements of core knowledge and learning organization principles (Lo 2.1).|
|6||Identify and analyze challenges and issues pertaining to community of practice (Lo 2.7).|
- All students are encouraged to use their own words.
- This assignment is individual assignment.
- Be very specific and focused on the issue while answering a question.
- Student must apply writing standards and APA style guidelines and review at least three (3) scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles to support their answer for each question.
- A mark of zero will be given for any submission that includes copying from other resource without referencing it.
- No marks will be given for irrelevant details.
- It is strongly encouraged that you should submit all assignments into the safe assignment Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading.
- If the assignment shows more than 25% plagiarism, the students would be graded zero.
The focus of the assignment is to evaluate the understanding level of students related to communities of Practice, learning organization, Students are required to:
Read the material covered in Chapter 5 “Knowledge sharing and Communities of Practice” thoroughly from book as well as other sources.
Use the following link besides other material to access the research paper titled, “Using communities of practice towards the next level of knowledge-management maturity”
Besides chapter 5 material, use above journal link to access the research paper titled, “Using communities of practice towards the next level of knowledge-management maturity” and write an essay containing following points. (550 Words) (5 Marks)
- Concept of communities of Practice.
- Highlight key components of Community of Practice.
- Roles and responsibilities in communities of practice.
- Chief obstacles to knowledge sharing.
- Concept of Learning Organization.
- Paragraph about the organization used for case study purposes in the above article.
- Summary of results / findings of case study.
- The main recommendations of the study.
Communities of Practice
The key components of Community of Practice
Roles and responsibilities in communities of practice
Chief obstacles to knowledge sharing
Paragraph about the organization used for case study purposes in the above article
Summary of results / findings of case study
The main recommendations of the study