A32 – Compare and COntrast Essay
This Assignment is worth 25 marks. The value of each question is stated in the left margin.
In this module, you’ve studied two fictional worlds presented in a novel and a film. Although these media present stories in different ways, they also have much in common. For example, both novels and films have elements such as characters, setting, conflict, suspense, theme, irony, contrast, and symbolism.
Select one of these elements, and in an essay of approximately 400 words, explain the similarities
and/or differences in the way this element was used in the film and the novel.
Here are some tips to help you with this task:
- Begin by brainstorming a list of similarities and differences between the novel and the film.
- Select a particular element for your essay. For example, you might want to compare the main characters, the conflicts, or the way suspense was developed.
- In your introduction, tell your reader what movie and novel you’re comparing.
- Support your ideas by referring to details in the novel and film.
- Organize your ideas into paragraphs.
When you have completed these questions, save your responses and submit this file for assessment.