As an individual marketeer, you are required to create a completely new brand and Customer Experience (Cx) for a product category of your choice. Keep in mind, creating a brand is not the same as creating a product: products are tangible, brands are an ‘abstract’ asset, therefore intangible.
The creation of your brand must be founded on real-market data, trends, and demand for the product category; therefore:
- Conduct a thorough Market Analysis based on your brand’s product category (i.e. soft-drinks; toys; pet food; clothing/fashion; automotive; foods/snacks; other consumer goods)
- Create an original logo
- The design of the logo must be truly original
- The design must be purposeful in its use of symbolism, words, shapes, etc.
- Create an original name
- Brand image
- Need/Demand recognition or statement for the product category and your brand
- Purpose and justification for the proposed brand
- Brand positioning statement
- The tentative emotional and functional benefits and value the brand promise
- Brand communication/promotion strategy
- Proposed marketing communication strategy for the brand
- Purposeful use of selective multimedia channels, and “why”
- Create original promotional media: photo, video, audio, digital, outdoor,
- Proposed User/Customer Experience (Ux, or Cx) to engage with, and
relate to, your target audience
- Minimum of three (3) promotional/content materials (one of them at least
in JPEG format) must have subtle/subliminal/psychological cues and use of colors, shapes, images, words, sounds, angles, etc.; to trigger a desired
- Artwork must be as original as possible
- Photo-shopping is allowed, with limitations
- You may outsource external help; if so, please give the individual(s) due credit for the artwork, footage, etc.
- Additional promotional material can be in video format (MP4, .WAV), digital, Flash, Sensory (provide samples and/or renderings), or any combination
- Discuss how your promotional/content materials can be used for neuroscientific
testing (such as those discussed in class).
- Provide a written (APA-format) final report and present in a professional manner
(PPT/PDF presentation: do not submit as Keynote or Prezi)