Assessment 4 Instructions: Strategy Implementation
Create an 8-12-slide PowerPoint presentation that summarizes the AFI Framework and the results of the internal and external analyses. Your presentation must also include a SWOT matrix for the company and your recommendations for strategies to move the company forward, that align with organizational structure and governance, and reflect ethical responsibility.
This portfolio work project will you demonstrate your understanding of strategy and the factors that must be considered when formulating and implementing strategy.
Organizational leadership of your company has requested that you present your analyses of the company, as well as recommend potential strategic actions that could be taken to address issues raised by your analyses.
You are a strategic analyst for the company you have selected to use in this course.
Develop a PowerPoint presentation of 8–12 slides that synthesize the work you did on Assessments 2 and 3 and incorporate feedback from your instructor. Use the speaker’s notes sections of each slide to expand your talking points. Be sure your presentation includes:
- A summary of the AFI framework.
- Results from your internal analysis (VRIO or Value Chain).
- Results from your external analysis (PESTEL and Five Forces).
- A SWOT matrix for the company.
- Do the current strategies need to be changed?
- What strategies will move the organization forward?
- How do your recommendations align with organizational structure and governance?
- Do your recommendations reflect ethical responsibility?
- PowerPoint presentation.
- 8–12 slides (in addition to the title and references slides).
- Include additional details on each slide in the speaker’s notes section.
- Additional requirements.
- Title slide.
- References slide.
- APA formatted references from at least five sources.
- Be sure you consider the audience.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies through corresponding scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Assess the importance of strategic management for supporting long term success and sustained competitive advantage.
- Summarize the strategic framework for a company.
- Competency 2: Apply strategic thinking approaches to resolve business-related challenges.
- Develop a SWOT matrix for a company.
- Competency 3: Analyze the internal and external environments of an organization in order to formulate and implement successful strategies.
- Summarize the findings of an internal environmental analysis.
- Summarize the findings of an external environmental analysis.
- Competency 4: Apply strategic concepts and models to ensure the fit between strategy, organizational structure, capabilities, and goals; and the external environment.
- Recommend strategic actions for a company that align with organizational structure and governance, and reflect ethical responsibility.
- Competency 5: Communicate business needs, opportunities, and strategies with multiple stakeholders.
- Correctly format citations and references using current APA style.
- Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
Your faculty will use the scoring guide to review your deliverable as if they were a member of executive leadership. Review the scoring guide prior to developing and submitting your assessment.
The following resources examine strategic alliances:
- Hughes, J., & Weiss, J. (2007). Simple rules for making alliances work. Harvard Business Review, 85(11), 122–131
- Dyer, J. H., Kale, P., & Singh, H. (2004). When to ally & when to acquire. Harvard Business Review, 82(7/8), 108–115.
Resources: Organizational Structure, Corporate Governance, and Ethics
The following resources will help you expand your knowledge and understanding of the alignment between strategy and elements of the organization such as structure, governance, and ethical responsibility:
- Porter, M. E., & Kramer, M. R. (2006). Strategy & society: The link between competitive advantage and corporate social responsibility. Harvard Business Review, 84(12), 78–92.
- Porter, M. E., & Kramer, M. R. (2011). Creating shared value. Harvard Business Review, 89(1/2), 62–77.
- Rothaermel, F. (2019). Strategic management concepts (4th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill. Available in the courseroom via the VitalSource Bookshelf link.
- Chapter 11, “Organization Design: Structure, Culture, and Control.”
- Chapter 12, “Corporate Governance and Business Ethics.”